How important is a great slogan or a memorable tagline? Very! Creating a great company or product slogan that sticks in your consumers’ minds is essential to ensuring real staying power and lasting company and product success.
Your taxes are done (hopefully!) and summer is just around the corner – so take a break and enjoy this entertaining branding slogan quiz!
As a bonus, I’ve added the approximate year these slogans were introduced. You may be surprised to find out just how long some of these phrases have stuck around!
Great Brand Slogans QUIZ
Match the Company/Product Name to the Slogan and the Year it was first used.
1. Bounty A. Don’t Leave Home Without It (1975)
2. IBM B. The Breakfast of Champions (1928)
3. Alka-Seltzer C. Have it Your Way (late 1970’s)
4. Apple D. Think. (1914)
5. Nike E. Think Different. (1997)
6. Maxwell House F. The Uncola (1975)
7. Coca-Cola G. It ain’t easy bein’ cheesy. (late 1980’s)
8. 7 Up H. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz (1951)
9. Yellow Pages I. Just Do It. (1988)
10. Timex J. It’s Everywhere You Want to Be. (1986)
11. American Express K. Where’s the Beef? (1984)
12. Visa L. Good to the Last Drop. (1917)
13. Altoids M. Takes a licking & keeps on ticking (~1946)
14. Wheaties N. Fly the Friendly Skies. (1965)
15. Rice Krispies O. The Quicker Picker-Upper (1970’s)
16. Burger King P. Snap, Crackle, Pop (1968)
17. Wendy’s Q. We’ll leave the light on for you. (1988)
18. Cheetos R. Curiously Strong (1920’s)
19. Motel 6 S. Let your fingers do the walking. (1961)
20. United Airlines T. It’s the real thing. (1969)
How many did you get right? I was surprised to learn how long some of these slogans have been around as well! It just goes to show ya: a great company or product plus a great brand slogan equals lasting business success!
(I love games and quizzes and I have a bunch of harder slogans up my sleeve. Let me know if you would like to see more trivia/quiz type posts.)