A great slogan is often a huge driving force behind a great brand’s staying power. A memorable tagline that gets stuck in the minds of a target audience is exactly what sells those popular products and services, especially if they stand the test of time. The longer a slogan is around, the more likely the product or service it represents is immensely successful.
Summer is over and winter is right around the corner. So, before you start worrying about holiday shopping, enjoy the beautiful fall scenery and this second installment of our entertaining Great Brand Slogans quiz!
As a bonus, I’ve added the approximate year these slogans were introduced. You may be surprised to find out just how long some of these phrases have stuck around!
Great Brand Slogans QUIZ
Match the Company/Product Name to the Slogan and the Year it was first used.
1. Foster’s A. The San Francisco Treat (1961)
2. Energizer B. When it absolutely, positively has to be there. (1982)
3. Playtex C. Only you can prevent forest fires. (1944)
4. BMW D. Be All That You Can Be. (1980)
5. US Army E. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t.(1953)
6. Taco Bell F. Australian for Beer (1990’s)
7. Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes G. Melts in your mouth, not in your hands. (1954)
8. Allstate Insurance H. The Other White Meat. (1986)
9. Rice-A-Roni I. Lifts and Separates (1960’s)
10. M&M’s J. We bring good things to life. (1981)
11. FedEx K. You’re in good hands…(1956)
12. Chevy Trucks L. Like a Rock (1990)
13. United Negro M. It keeps going and going and going…(1989)
14. Mounds/Almond Joy ..N. A Diamond is Forever. (1948)
15. US Forest Service O. They’re Gr-r-r-eat! (1950’s)
16. Hallmark ..P. The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste. (1972)
17. General Electric Q. Finger-lickin’ good! (1952)
18. KFC R. The ultimate driving machine. (1975)
19. DeBeers S. When you care enough to send the very best. (1934)
20. National Pork Board T. Think outside the bun. (1998)
How many did you get right? It just goes to show ya: a great company or product plus a great brand slogan equals lasting business success!
(I love games and quizzes and I have a bunch of harder slogans up my sleeve. Let me know if you would like to see more trivia/quiz type posts.)